John Bray & Sons – Longest established Estate Agent in Hastings & St Leonards
John Bray & Sons Estate Agents, also known as ‘Brays’ commenced on a loan of £150 as a house agent at No. 13 South Colonnade, St Leonards on Sea in 1872; Mr Bray also took a lease on premises at No.28 White Rock. John Bray & Sons are noted having offices at White Rock, South Colonnade and St John’s Road and it is recorded that Mr John Bray was an alderman for the Borough auctioneer estate agent and founder of John Bray & Sons.
The business in St Johns Road (No 2, where he also lived) was opened in 1879.” It became a partnership with his brother. In 1895 he took the rooms at 12 Claremont, as St Leonards was too small. The Bexhill branch, at 5 Devonshire Terrace, opened in 1893, Eastbourne 1889. He was into property buying and selling, and was known as an auctioneer.
Through the years, John Bray & Sons continued to be privately owned and continues to be to this date. Now located on the High Street in the Old Town, John Bray & Sons once had offices within the popular iconic 30’s architecture known as Marine Court. We are now fortunate to be the leading independent agent located in the heart of Hastings Old Town Conservation Area and we continue to be one of the most popular and well known estate agent in Hastings & St Leonards.
The combined knowledge and experience totaling over 100 years of our senior sales and lettings staff is invaluable to any potential clients wishing to receive the very best of service – which is often complimented on – but never surpassed! We are specialists in the sale and letting of Charming Character and Individual Homes covering the entire market – assisted by extensive and eye catching local advertising and enhanced by a dedicated team.
As the longest established agent in Hastings and St Leonards on Sea we’ve helped thousands of successful applicants to sell and rent their properties locally over the last 144 years – because we are able to offer:-
- Professional Sales and Lettings Team – With a proven records
- Maximum local exposure – Priory Meadow Shopping Center Advertising videos
- Excellent High Definition Photographs
- Interesting Descriptive Details – To MAXIMISE property attributes
- Extensive Mailing list of registered applicants many from London
- Exposure on multiple websites – including Rightmove, Zoopla & Prime Location
- Local Independent Company – Located in a Prime Location
- Eye Catching Local Advertising – Tailored to each individual Property
- Fully Illustrated Property List – To generate EXTRA enquiries
- Distinctive for sale boards optional
- Floor plans available
- Viewings accompanied by our staff if required
- Covering all areas of Hastings, St Leonards and Battle, Guestling, Pett & Fairlight!
John Bray and Sons is a trading name of John Bray Hastings LTD.
Registered Office : 36 Cambridge Road Hastings, East Sussex TN37 6RJ Registered in England and Wales No. 6856445
This business is a Full Member and abides by TPO Codes of Practice. The Ombudsman is able to consider complaints in relation to residential sales, lettings and buying services, commercial sales and lettings, international sales and lettings, chattels auctions.